WIC Participant Information

WIC Appointments

If you cannot keep your WIC appointment, please notify us by calling GCHD at 660.359.4196.

Check our Calendar to see when WIC clinics are held each month.


Supplemental Nutritional Foods

WIC is a supplemental program and is not meant to supply all the food that you or your baby needs.


The food packages approved for use in the Missouri WIC program are designed to help meet infants' developmental needs and current pediatric feeding recommendations, and to complement the eating patterns of preschool children. WIC foods also supplement the special requirements of pregnant and breastfeeding women and help to re-supply the nutrient stores women used during pregnancy.


Grundy County WIC Vendors
  • Hy-Vee - 1617 E. 9th Street, Trenton | 660.359.2278

  • Galt Hometown Grocery - 108 N. Main Street, Galt | 660.673.6211


When you come to the WIC clinic for certification or re-certification you will need to bring the following forms of proof--proof of identity, residency, and income.


Proof of Identity:

  1. For Infant or Child -- Immunization Record, Birth Certificate, Hospital Record, or Social Service Letter with identifying information.

  2. For Adult -- Photo ID such as Dirver's License, Passport, Employment ID card, School ID card, or State ID Card.

  3. When Photo ID not available -- Card or letter verifying employment, school, healthcare, social services, or voter registration.


Proof of Residency:

  1. Current Utility Bill, Rent/Mortgage Receipt for Lodging/Housing.

  2. Written statement from reliable Third Party with knowledge of applicant's/participant's regular or night time location.

Proof of Income:

  1. Mo HealthNet , MC+, TANF, or Food Stamps Approval /Eligibility Authorization Form Letter

  2. Public assistance, Social Security, unemployment or workman's compensation copy of check,  check stub or statement of benefits

  3. Employment or military pay receipts, payroll checks or pay stubs

  4. W-2 forms

  5. Commissions, fees and tips records

  6. Federal tax forms

  7. Copy of alimony or child support checks received

  8. Copy of statement for interest income.



If you have questions about the WIC program, call 660.359.4196 or email wic@grundycountyhealth.org.



WIC is an equal opportunity program.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW 
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fax: (202) 690-7442
Email: program.intake@usda.gov

The Grundy County Health Department is an equal opportunity provider.